Man in Bathtub Reportedly Electrocuted While Charging iPhone

The death of a British man when he was electrocuted while charging his iPhone in the bath, was accidental, a judicial probe has revealed.

Richard Bull, 32, was found in the bath by his wife Tanya on December 11 last year.

According to Coroner Sean Cummings, the death of Bull, which occurred when the iPhone fell into the water, was accidental.

“These seem like innocuous devices, but they can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings. This was a tragic accident and I have no reason to believe at all that there was anything other than it being completely accidental,” Cummings was quoted as saying to the Guardian.com on Friday.
Cummings said that he also intends to send a report to the phone’s manufacturer, Apple, to warn about the potential dangers.

While the pos-tmortem examination reports revealed burns on Bull’s right hand, the police noted that an extension lead was found running from the hallway into the bathroom.

“If you have got any appliance attached to the mains electricity circuit, you have to be aware there is a danger there. You’re risking death,” Sheila Merrill, the public health adviser to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, was quoted as saying to the BBC.

“Electricity and water don’t mix, but particularly with phones, people don’t probably always think about it. It’s not advisable to use them while they’re plugged in, particularly in a bathroom situation,” Merrill added.

409 total views, 5 views today

Comments

    sunrx

    (March 21, 2017 - 1:22 pm)

    You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation however I to find this matter to be really one thing which I feel I might never understand.
    It sort of feels too complicated and extremely extensive for me.
    I am looking forward on your subsequent post, I’ll attempt to get the grasp of it! http://ow.ly/qTqn309WHJh

    Jim

    (March 25, 2017 - 8:37 am)

    It iss perefect tiime tto make sme plawns ffor the fuure
    andd it iis tike tto bbe happy. I’ve redad this post and iif I could I wush tto suggesst
    you some inteeresting things oor tips. Maybe you cann
    wrife nexzt articles referrring to this article. I wissh tto rerad even moe things
    about it! I could noot refrain fom commenting. Perfectly written! Thsse arre actuually great idess inn
    concerniong blogging. You ave ttouched skme fastidious factors here.
    Any wayy kee upp wrinting. http://cspan.Co.uk/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *