Apple just announced a new 9.7-inch iPad that will replace the iPad Air 2 that was introduced in 2014. It has a the same 9.7-inch Retina display, but this is powered by A9 chip and M9 motion coprocessor. It Touch ID fingerprint sensor and is just 7.5 mm thick. It also has a 8-megapixel camera and a 1.2-megapixel FaceTime HD front camera.
Apple iPad 9.7-inch (2017) specifications
- 9.7 inch Fully laminated Retina Display with 2048×1536 resolution at 264 ppi, Antireflective coating
- A9 chip with 2nd gen 64-bit architecture and M9 motion coprocessor
- 32/128GB variants
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- iOS 10
- 8 MP 1080p camera, f/2.4 aperture, Panorama (up to 43MP)
- 1.2MP HD front-facing FaceTime HD camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- Dimensions: 240x 169.5x 7.5mm; Weight: 469g (WiFi) / 478g (WiFi + Cellular)
- 32.4-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
The new 9.7-inch iPad comes in silver, gold and space gray colors. It is priced at $329 (Rs. 21,465 approx.) for the 32GB Wi-Fi model and $459 (Rs. 29,950 approx.) for the 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model. The 128GB Wi-Fi model costs $429 (Rs. 27,989 approx.) and the 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model costs $559 (Rs. 36,475 approx.). It will be available for pre-order from this Friday, March 24, from Apple.com and will be available next week in Apple Stores, through select carriers and Apple Authorized Resellers in the US and more than 20 countries.
It will be available in more countries including India in April starting at Rs. 28900 for the 32GB with Wi-Fi model and Rs. 39,900 for the 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model at Apple Authorised Resellers. Polyurethane Smart Covers for iPad in charcoal grey, white, midnight blue, pink sand and (RED) will be available for Rs. 3700.